Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Whoo. Holidays.

This year for christmas my mother was nice enough to bless me with a pair of high heels, pink lipstick, a tshirt two sizes too small, and a phone that I can't use because it wasn't purchased from verizon.
She became irritated when I asked for the reciept. She then took back my presents and screamed that she would just use the money to buy herself another pair of boots, because she 'needs' a brown pair.
My mother is quite possibly the most wasteful, selfish whore I know. She has over twenty pairs of shoes that she never wears, buys herself a new cell phone every few months, recently bought a new car that only gets 12 miles to the gallon, wears an enormous amount of makeup, has gotten plastic surgery on her breasts, goes out to eat lunch EVERY DAY, has over thirty purses, and buys a new one every week or so. Her and my eight year old brother, who is also as spoiled, hateful, and selfish as she is, live in a four bedroom, three story house. Two people live in this house. In front of this house sits three cars, all of which my mother owns. My brother has a two hundred dollar stereo in his room, which he never uses. He also has a playstation 2, a psp, two cellphones,(one for home and one for emergencies WTF) My eight year old brother has a pet golden retriever, which is currently starving to death. My brother weighs more than I do (122 lbs!) and is much much shorter than me. My mom takes him along with her to the tanning bed, and both of them sport a nice, hideous burnt toast color. He eats fast food every day, and school food as well, which isnt much healthier. My little brother is violent, loud, annoying, greedy, and heartless. just like my mother.
They have so much money.
I do not. I live with my abusive father and his phsychotic wife in a two bedroom apartment along with a stepsister, who is so homophobic that she won't let me sleep in her bed. I sleep in the floor. We can't afford food half the time. I take a shower every other day, not because i don't need to shower often, but because we can't afford to take showers every day. I pay my own cell phone bill. i do not have a car. I have a nintendo ds, but only because a friend of mine was nice enough to give one to me for my last birthday. I have a record player, which I bought for twenty bucks at a yard sale. I have a vcr player. I have a tape player. I used to have a guitar, but I had to sell it so I could help my dad pay the rent for the apartment. I walk to school while everyone else drives. I can't afford school lunch. I have four pairs of shoes, three of which were purchased at a goodwill. I don't have a purse. I've used the same backpack since I was in sixth grade.
I find it strange how people like my mother and my brother have no idea how to distinguish between 'need' and 'want.' They want things, but say they need them. They throw away money on things they want, but will not lend a dollar to people in need. (like myself)
Sigh. My father gave me a video game for a game system I do not possess. My stepmom gave me a pair of toe socks. My stepsister gave me a kids bop cd, the beatles edition. I wanted to scream.
What is it with my family and horrible gifts?
Ugh. I splurged. I had to. I took my paycheck and bought for myself a heavy wool coat and a bag of fortune cookies. I sat for hours, just opening the fortune cookies and reading my fortunes. I fed the cookies to my brother's starving dog, and felt a little bit better about myself.
Happy holidays. I hope yours was better than mine.

1 comment: